Pink Zebra complies with leading global Associations and Government agencies to insure ingredient and materials safety and responsibility: SCCS/Allergenic substance labeling, CARB/VOCs, OEHHA/Carcinogen ID & lead content, IFRA/concentration & level use, OSHA/ Hazardous material ID system, EPA/ Bio accum. assessment, Health Canada & CEPA/Bio accum. & hazard ingredient assessment, CHPA/lead content in consumer products, CPSC/ Aspiration hazard & lead content, CSA/ safety in liquid heating appliances, ETL/ Air freshener appliance safety, SCCNFP/EU AZO dyes, NIOSH/Benzidene dyes ban.
- Maximizes fragrance
- Is responsible, renewable and sustainable earth friendly wax
- Comes from US produced soybeans
- Is protected by anti-oxidants and UV inhibitors
- Is cleaner burning
- A wide variety of interesting fragrance options
- Ensured and consistent supply
- 100% IFRA safety certified ingredients
- Mindfulness of fair-trade practices, consciousness of the impact on communities around the world.
- Pink Zebra 20-foot rule fragrance evaluation
- UV + indoor light stability testing
- Heat stability testing (including a minimum flashpoint requirement of >145 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Glimmer Candle burn testing (ASTM F2417-09)
- Made with our Soft Soy wax, fragrance blends and dyes. All Sprinkles are blendable and can be mixed with each other. We encourage you to make your own recipes.
- Made with skin-safe, cosmetic grade base and fragrance blends. The base is free of alcohol, parabens and dyes. All Soaks are blendable and can be mixed with each other. We encourage you to make your own recipes.
- Soaps: Made with a custom blend of mild, skin safe soaps and Fragrance Blend. The base uses multi
mild soaps which together give the best attributes and offer a more superior soap.
- Supa' Clean™ Antibacterial hand Soap contains antibacterial ingredients that kill 99.9% of germs.
- Lotions: Made with a custom blend of highly beneficial ingredients base and Fragrance Blend. The base is Free of dyes, sulfates and parabens and enhanced with Vitamin A, E, B5, aloe, shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oils. All blends are certified to be skin-safe and gluten-free.
- Remove dish from warmer and place in the freezer for 15 minutes or more.
- Pop-out wax and either save for reuse or discard in household trash.
- Cool the wax until it's a solid before disposal. Yes, paraffin and vegetable waxes are biodegradable and safe to put in the trash once cooled to solid form.
Sprinkles are specifically designed to work with our Simmering Lights, Simmer Pots and Glimmer Candles. For this reason, our Sprinkles do not perform the same in competitors warming systems. Our wax is a bit harder to maintain the integrity of the tiny Sprinkle and allow separation in the jar/carton as compared to the wax bar. That does not make it hard just a bit harder!
Due to this, it takes a little higher temperature to melt Sprinkles. This is all relative because these differences are small. The important thing is that our Simmer Pots and Simmering Lights are designed to optimally melt Sprinkles. This includes everything from design to material to shape and thickness. Our Simmer Pot dishes are high fire, stoneware ceramic. They are not porcelain which has similar heat transfer characteristics. People's perception of one being hotter than the other is more due to the thickness of the ceramic or porcelain. High fire stoneware is not to be confused with low fire earthenware ceramic which is porous to liquid until glazed and much less durable when heated and cooled repeatedly.
- Wallhugs: are our pluggable home fragrance diffusers that work 24/7 to diffuse your home. Simply choose your favorite soaks and enjoy using our reusable glass vessel. First, remove glass vessel from the pluggable unit. Then, using Paisley's tail as a fill line, fill the glass vessel with the Soaks of your choice. Place the glass vessel into the pluggable unit and turn on! Indicator light will reflect whether the Wallhug is on or off.
- Go Cards & Hang-its: are mobile air fresheners ready to accept your personal blend of Soaks fluid for your on-the-go and small space fragrance needs. Apply up to 2 squirts of Soaks liquid directly to the Just Add Soaks product over a protected surface or inside a plastic bag. Do NOT oversoak to prevent the Soaks liquid from dripping onto other surfaces and avoid direct contact with all surfaces including car surfaces. Reapply in the same manner to refresh as needed. Fragrance will typically remain acceptable for a range of a few days to one week depending on environment and personal fragrance strength preference.
- Natural Reeds: are our re-sealable Pink Zebra Reed Diffusers (natural sticks in a bottle of liquid fragrance) in a dry form that you add your Soaks liquid to. The Natural Reeds contain a re-usable cap to be used to "turn off" the fragrance throw when not in use, as well as, to flip the diffuser to re-saturate the Reeds. When returning diffuser to upright position, give Soaks a few minutes to drain from cap before removing. Add up to one bottle of Soaks Fragrance or blend a combination to create your own fragrance recipe. PZ Reeds are rattan. Rattan is made from one of many slender palm species. These are different from bamboo in that they are not hollow or segmented. There is no glue used, just a dried natural stem.
- Woolies: are decorative pieces of fabric and natural wood. The wool is ready to accept your personal blend of Soaks fluid. Woolies cannot be washed. The fragrance will evaporate over time to allow you an opportunity to Soak with a completely new Fragrance. Apply Soaks along the top and allow gravity to saturate toward the bottom. Do NOT oversoak to prevent the Soaks liquid from dripping onto other surfaces and avoid soaking the wood base to protect surrounding surfaces.
- Bobble Bodies: whimsically bob to the touch. They are dressed in decorative fabrics to Just Add Soaks. They are not washable. The fragrance will evaporate over time to allow you an opportunity to Soak with a completely new Fragrance. Apply Soaks along the top and allow gravity to saturate toward the bottom. Do NOT oversoak to prevent the Soaks liquid from dripping onto other surfaces.
- Naturals: are beautiful, hand-made, natural decorative pieces prepared to absorb Soaks liquid fragrance and provide your small space with unique décor and provide fragrance simultaneously. Apply Soaks along the top and allow gravity to saturate toward the bottom. Avoid soaking the wood base to protect surrounding surfaces. Do NOT oversoak to prevent the Soaks liquid from dripping onto other surfaces.
- Lotion: allows you to personalize your own signature scent by adding up to 2 squirts of Soaks liquid to the unscented lotion. Be sure to vigorously SHAKE WELL before applying. The lotion is enriched with aloe vera, vitamins, oils and shea butter. It is free of sulfates and parabens.
- Selection. The variety of essential oils is limited. In the plant
kingdom there are more than 250,000 plants. Of those, there are only about
450 plant species that produce usable essential oils.
- Florals: Some common florals such as lilac, honeysuckle and freesia contain no essential oils.
- Fruits: The flesh of fruits will not yield essential oils. Synthetics are required to produce fragrances of strawberry, blueberry, mango, peach, cherry, apple, pear, coconut, melons, banana and many more fruits.
- Sugars: Some common florals such as lilac, honeysuckle and freesia contain no essential oils.
- No aspiration hazards. The reed diffuser fluid is formulated under strict CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) guidelines to avoid an aspiration hazard if accidentally swallowed. Aspiration hazard occurs when the lungs are flooded by certain types of liquids that move through the lung walls.
- Drink lots of water and seek medical attention if nausea is persistent.
It is all about at what minimum temperature the liquids can produce an ignitable gas just above the liquid surface. This is called flashpoint. For flammables, the flashpoint is below 140 degrees Fahrenheit and for combustibles it is over 140F (mostly over 200F). It still needs an ignition source (spark, flame, etc.) to ignite. That's why there isn't a fire at all gas stations. Gasoline has a flashpoint of -40 degrees Fahrenheit. It is a flammable liquid. Even at temperatures as low as - 40F, it gives off enough vapor to form a burnable mixture in the air. Cooking oils have a flashpoint around 600F. They are combustible liquids. Combustible liquids are very commonplace in all types of products in the home. Flammable liquids have special storage requirements and need handles with care.
Wallhugs gently warm Soaks. The Wallhug heating plate is vertically oriented to safely warm Soaks liquid fragrances.
Does combustible mean they also can't be kept in a hot car?
Soaks are car safe. For combustible to be unsafe. The material must go above its flashpoint and then come in contact with an open flame. Soaks have a flashpoint between 175F and 200F+ depending on the fragrance and a typical car interior would not get this hot.